Driftwood Art Project for Kids
Do you think Driftwood Art is difficult to make? It can be but it also can be simple enough for a small child.
Since the holiday season is around the corner and everyone is trying to tighten their belt buckle these days I'm suggesting some homemade gifts that you can give to family and friends.
Follow these simple steps and start making your own art:
- Go take a walk on the beach. If you don’t live near an ocean go to a lake, pond or river and body of water is sure to have a sandy beach with lots of Found Objects to gather.
- While at the beach take in your surroundings and see what you might be able to find. For example items such as; driftwood, shells, rope...
- Find a long piece of driftwood that you can hang on a wall
- Get some shells
- Once home drill several holes into the piece of driftwood
- Get some twine and make delicate holes into the shells from the beach.
- String the twine through the shells and make sure they are securely fastend to the twine.
- Finally thread the seashells with twine through the holes in the driftwood and knot to hold.
The end result should look like this:
Check out more ideas for your own driftwood art in our catalogue.
By: Daniel Carney